Gone are the days of burlap and lace as rustic wedding decor. As a wedding planner in a rustic world, I can’t begin to tell you how happy that makes me. The new rustic is mountain modern and I for one, hope it is a trend to stay. With mountain modern weddings trending, we’ve compiled our favorite five design trends to incorporate this look into your wedding.
Photo Credits: LV Imagery, Time Photography + Sylvia Gil Photo
Our Favorite Styling Tips for Mountain Modern Weddings
- Mixing natural elements like wood and greenery with industrial elements like cement and metals creates a visual aesthetic that is more than simply pleasing. Bonus points are awarded your way if you mix your metals – like copper and pewter.
- Incorporating geometric shaped lanterns or chandeliers keeps your party lit up bright in style for a long evening of dancing.
- Natural and organic stationery pieces with modern calligraphy deliver your theme to guests months before the wedding through a carefully curated invitation suite. Carry the theme through your wedding weekend with corresponding wedding day pieces like escort cards, table numbers & menus.
- Sheepskin rugs come in all sorts of fun colors and can be used as accents on your head table, lounge sets and even used to frame your ceremony.
- In taking a step back from the coveted chivari, you’re able to look at alternatives like metal cafe or ghost chairs. Pair the look with wooden farm tables to keep your modern elements feeling like they still belong on a mountain.
Photo Credits: Orange Girl Photography + OneLove Photography
Contact Audere Events today, to discuss how to make your Tahoe wedding into a mountain modern success.